Registration for the season 2016-2017 is now open!
Hope everybody had a great summer and are now getting ready for a busy school year.
There are a few things I wanted to let you know about the upcoming badminton season:
- Registration for Friday and Tuesday classes has started long ago and as of right now we do not have any spots left in our Friday night classes. However, should you wish us to put you on a waiting list, please, let us know.
- If you are serious about badminton and are already registered for at least one practice a week, I would strongly recommend you to register for more than one night. There are still a few spots left in our Fall Tuesday class, so those of you who want to learn and get better this season, you can still register for Tuesdays.
- Winter Friday class only has a couple of spots left. If you only registered for one season and are considering Winter and Spring, I’d suggest you to do it sooner than later.
- Registration for Monday classes in Bradford for residents has started on August 23rd. Registration for non-residents begins on August 30th. The program code is: 9239. You must register through the Town’s registration system. If you’ve never had an account with the Town of West Gwillimbury, you might need to go there in person. Once this is done, you would be able to register for the programs online. For more information, please, contact BWG Leisure centre directly.
- Friday classes have been combined and will now run from 7pm to 9pm for all who registered to date.
Other dates and important information:
First classes’ dates:
- Mondays – September 19, 2016. Bradford Leisure Centre, Bradford – 6pm-8pm;
- Tuesdays – September 20, 2016. St. Maximillian Kolbe Catholic School, Aurora – 8.15pm-10.15pm;
- Fridays – September 23, 2016. Denne Public School, Newmarket – 7pm-9pm.
For those of you, who are just joining the club or who hasn’t participated in any badminton tournaments in the past, we strongly recommend to start taking part in these events. There will be a lot of events throughout the year, which you may already find in our online calendar. We list all events that we get notified about by other clubs and various badminton organizations. Your Favourite coaches don’t just help you during junior tournaments, but also play badminton and participate in events themselves. We are always there for you and can always recommend what’s best for your skill and experience level. Therefore, please, review the calendar and, if you have any questions or are not sure which tournaments you should participate in, just ask your coaches.
Another note on the tournaments. We recommend that you start participating in tournaments as early in a season as possible. This helps you improve right from the start and you will know exactly what to work on going forward.
See you all very soon and have fun on the first day of school!
Favourte Badminton Club’s Head Coach,